- How we collect information about you
- How we protect and store personal information
- How we use the personal information we collect
- Sharing your personal information with others
- How you can access or change your personal information
- How you can contact us about privacy questions
- How we collect information about you
When you visit the Distinctive Carpets website, we may collect your IP address and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website.
If you choose to open an account with us we will collect the following types of information from you:
- Contact information - your name, company name, address, phone, email
- Sales history - every transaction conducted with our organization will be captured and logged in our internal database.
Before creating an account for you, we may require you to provide additional information we can use to verify your identity or address or manage risk, such as your date of birth, social security number or other information. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
When you access our website, we may place small data files called "cookies" on your computer.
We send a "session cookie" to your computer when you log in to your account. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we don’t need to ask you for your password on each page. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect.
We also use longer-lasting cookies for other purposes such as to display your e-mail address on our sign-in form, so that you don't need to retype the e-mail address each time you log in to your account.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website.
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term "personal information" to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the US, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a
smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
Sharing your personal information with others
- provide the services and customer support you request
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions
- collect fees and
- send you targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
We share your information only with the following parties
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations; (bill collection, marketing, technology services). Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Credit bureaus to report outstanding negative balance accounts, as allowed by law.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when
- we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure
- we need to do so to comply with law
- we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
We will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties in the normal course of doing business and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
How you can access or change your personal information
You can review and edit your personal information at any time by contacting us.
How you can contact us about privacy questions
We are also available by phone or by post to answer any outstanding questions you may have about your information privacy as it relates to our organization..